Warped Tour kicks off tomorrow in Seattle, Washington and while everyone is gearing up to fill their schedules with their favorite bands, non-profit organizations are getting ready to help those who need it. More importantly, they’re getting ready to educate fans about mental health, donating blood, breast cancer, art programs and going over how to get others involved with their organization. We’ve compiled a list of non-profit organizations on tour this summer, how you can find out more about the cause and getting involved.
All of this year’s organizations were chosen by Sierra Lyman, creator of Warped Tour Kevin Lyman’s daughter. Last year 2,163 Warped goers signed up to vote. 47,600 blood donations were done through VWT for Music Saves Lives. 693 people registered for the National Marrow Registration.
To Write Love on Her Arms
– A non-profit movement dedicated to presenting hope and finding help for people struggling with depression, addiction, self-injury and suicide. TWLOHA exists to encourage, inform, inspire and also to invest directly into treatment and recovery.
Hope For The Day
– Focuses on suicide prevention and mental health education through self expression platforms to achieve outreach, education, and prevention. It’s ok not to be ok, have hope.
Can You Hear Me?
– A platform for teens and young adults to speak out without fear or judgment.
Action For Animals
– Operates under the simple principle that animals do not exist for humans to eat, wear, experiment on, or use for entertainment. We promote a Vegan lifestyle
the largest youth animal rights group in the world and helps young people make a difference for animals.
Medical Help/Blood Drives:
Keep a Breast –
The leading youth-focused, global, nonprofit breast cancer organization.
Provides a safety net of critical assistance for music people in times of need. MusiCares’ services and resources cover a wide range of financial, medical and personal emergencies, and each case is treated with integrity and confidentiality.
Music Saves Lives–
Music Saves Lives encourages participation in a life saving way. These simple commitments, like donating blood regularly, organizing and running a blood drive, and registering for the national marrow program to save those with leukemia and other blood disorders, all connect back to strengthening the community
Service Year Alliance
– A service year is a paid opportunity to develop real-world skills through hands-on service.
The Truth –
A national campaign aimed at curbing youth smoking in the United States.
Feed Our Children –
Coordinates and manages food drives to help address the growing problem of hunger in the US. 2016 was the Tenth Year we have been with Vans Warped Tour
presented by Journeys. We collected and donated 1,581,000 pounds of food to charities all across the USA.
A Voice For The Innocent –
Community of support for victims of rape and sex abuse. Safe, anonymous space for sharing stories and fostering relationships.
Get your tickets to Warped Tour here